This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1462 / 51°8'46"N
Longitude: -1.9931 / 1°59'35"W
OS Eastings: 400576
OS Northings: 138548
OS Grid: SU005385
Mapcode National: GBR 2XK.0XX
Mapcode Global: VHB5F.DGN5
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 21 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146217
English Heritage Legacy ID: 320579
Location: Wylye, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Wylye
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Middle Wylye Valley
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WYLYE WARMINSTER ROAD
SU 03 NW
(south side), Fisherton de la Mere
2/145 The Old Vicarage
Vicarage, now private house. Early C19, extended mid C19. Limestone ashlar
and English garden wall bond brick, partly rendered, Welsh slate roof, grouped
octagonal ashlar stacks. Two-storey, 7-window south front; sashes. Two-storey
canted ashlar bay with French windows and 12-pane sashes to left of early
C19 build with two sashes to ground and first floor to right, plat band
and pilasters with key motif, mid C19 addition to left has two sashes to
both floors. Right return has 2-panelled entrance door to gable end of
late C19 wing, two sashes and one blind window to ground and first floors
to left, sash over door has hoodmould. Left return has external stack with
truncated top. Rear has sashes, gabled rear wing has sash with hoodmould
and moulded coped verge.
Interior with grey marble fireplaces, 4-panelled doors. Ceased to be occupied
as the vicarage to Fisherton de la Mere in 1929.
Listing NGR: SU0057638548
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings