History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Turner's Arms Farmhouse and Attached Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Dormanstown, Redcar and Cleveland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.5834 / 54°35'0"N

Longitude: -1.0738 / 1°4'25"W

OS Eastings: 459956

OS Northings: 521303

OS Grid: NZ599213

Mapcode National: GBR NHYF.9R

Mapcode Global: WHF86.G2W4

Entry Name: Turner's Arms Farmhouse and Attached Wall

Listing Date: 29 April 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1159818

English Heritage Legacy ID: 60298

Location: Redcar and Cleveland, TS11

County: Redcar and Cleveland

Electoral Ward/Division: Dormanstown

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Kirkleatham

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Redcar

Listing Text

REDCAR FISHPONDS ROAD
NZ 52 SE
(east side)
Yearby.
4/43 Turner's Arms Farmhouse
and attached wall.
G.V. II

Inn, now a farmhouse (1761). Slightly later parapets, porch and rear
extension. Brick, in Flemish bond, with stone dressings; parapets in
English garden wall bond. Asbestos sheet roof, c.1942, on centre; clay
pantiles on towers; concrete tiles on extension. "H"-plan. 2 storeys and
basement, 3-bay centre. 3 storeys and basement,slightly-projecting
single-bay end towers. Projecting porch adjoins right bay of centre, with
6-panel door and blocked overlight in right return. Windows in other faces.
Renewed sash windows with glazing bars, keystones, and gauged brick flat
arches; sill bands on ground and first floors. Embattled parapets. Hipped
roofs on towers. Single-bay right return. 2-bay left return has basement
light at right, blocked central doorway and blocked 2nd-floor windows,
painted to imitate sashes. Sash windows with glazing bars, renewed except
that at left on first floor. Late C20 metal flue between bays. Iron tie
plates between first and second floors. Rear shows scattered fenestration
and lateral stacks, the middle one renewed. Single-storey monopitch rear
extension adjoins north tower. Short screen wall adjoining north-east
angle, runs east for c.7m and has boarded door, in blind round-headed
carriage opening with keystone under plain pediment, at east end. Mid C20
lean-to rear porch is not of special interest.


Listing NGR: NZ5995621303

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.