History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Deer Leap Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Edlesborough, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8194 / 51°49'9"N

Longitude: -0.5719 / 0°34'18"W

OS Eastings: 498528

OS Northings: 214379

OS Grid: SP985143

Mapcode National: GBR F4D.S8D

Mapcode Global: VHFRR.1JHM

Entry Name: Deer Leap Lodge

Listing Date: 18 October 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1160810

English Heritage Legacy ID: 42022

Location: Edlesborough, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP4

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Edlesborough

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Eaton Bray with Edlesborough

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Little Gaddesden

Listing Text

SP 91 SE EDLESBOROUGH RINGSHALL

7/39A Deer Leap Lodge

18.10.66
- II

Former lodge to Ashridge Park, now garage workshop and offices.
Early C19, probably designed between 1808 and 1813 by James Wyatt.
Totternhoe stone, roofs concealed by battlemented parapet. Chamfered
plinth, moulded string with carved heads below parapet. In Gothick
style with lodge house at N.W. end, and former coach-house and stable
bays to rear. House has irregular plan with square staircase tower
at angle to N. corner, and 5 sides of octagonal room projecting to
W. 2 storeys. Tower has lancet windows, octagon has 2-light traceried
windows to ground floor and paired lights with 4-centred heads above.
side of octagon has single storey porch, also battlemented, with
2-light cusped window to N., octagonal pier at W. corner, and
4-centred arches to W. and S. N.E. side of house has blind lancet and
paired 4-centred lights to first floor. Chimney stack with 5
octagonal shafts. Coach-house and stable to rear are each of one
storey and one bay. Coach-house has blind lancets in wall to N.E.
and is open to S.W. Stable has shallow gable, 4-centred arched
window to N.E., and garage doors to S.W.


Listing NGR: SP9852814379

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.