History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Lessingham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.801 / 52°48'3"N

Longitude: 1.5471 / 1°32'49"E

OS Eastings: 639200

OS Northings: 328505

OS Grid: TG392285

Mapcode National: GBR XH9.7ZP

Mapcode Global: WHMSS.QVWJ

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 16 April 1955

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1172410

English Heritage Legacy ID: 223665

Location: Lessingham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR12

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Lessingham

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Hempstead St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Lessingham

Listing Text

TG 32 NE LESSINGHAM

2/30 Church of All Saints
16.4.55
II*

Parish church. Mainly C13 but extensively restored 1891-93 by H.J. Green,
Diocesan architect. Flint with ashlar dressings and brick repairs. Thatched
roof. West tower, nave, ruined chancel. 3 stage unbuttressed west tower.
2-light Y tracery C19 west window. Blocked ringing chamber window to south.
2-light C14 belfry windows, cusped. String courses between storeys.
Crenellated parapet. Gabled south porch with diagonal buttresses. Wave and
hollow moulded arch below hood on labels. Hollow chamfered inner doorway
and hood. C19 2-light Y window west of porch. 2 3-light cusped square-headed
C19 windows to east. North side pierced by one 2-light Y window. North
doorway similar to inner south. One 2-light circa 1300 window : lights
terminate in rounded trefoil heads and support encircled quatrefoil. 3-light
C19 cusped square-headed window to east. Rood stair projection. Brick nave
west wall of 1891-93. 2 2-light Y windows to south chancel wall, that to
east broken to form entrance. 2 stepped buttresses and one 2-light
square-headed window to north chancel. No tracery to east window. Interior.
Tall tower arch. Octagonal C13 Purbeck marble font with 2 trefoil-headed
arches to each bowl facet. Drum stem and orbiting columns on waterholding
bases. Boarded C19 roof with tie beams on arched braces. Trefoiled C13
piscina in south wall. Late C16 octagonal pulpit and tester. Plain panels
with reading platform supported on scrolled brackets. Tester has ball
finials.


Listing NGR: TG3920028505

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.