History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Farm House and Attached Barn and Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Warborough, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6311 / 51°37'52"N

Longitude: -1.1409 / 1°8'27"W

OS Eastings: 459555

OS Northings: 192830

OS Grid: SU595928

Mapcode National: GBR 90N.LCK

Mapcode Global: VHCYH.58PD

Entry Name: Old Farm House and Attached Barn and Railings

Listing Date: 18 July 1963

Last Amended: 14 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1181037

English Heritage Legacy ID: 248171

Location: Warborough, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Warborough

Built-Up Area: Warborough

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Warborough

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Benson

Listing Text

WARBOROUGH HENLEY ROAD
SU5992 (North side)
11/140 Shillingford
18/07/63 No.26 (Old Farm House) and
attached barn and railings
(Formerly listed as Old Farm
House)

GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Mid/late C18, extended early C20, Flared brick with
red-brick dressings and red brick on clunch rubble plinth; old plain-tile roof
with brick stacks. L-plan. 2 storeys. 4-window front, in header bond, has 3
earlier bays to left with storey band, 16-pane sashes at first floor, and a
central doorway with 6-panel door, architrave and triangular pediment on carved
consoles. To left is a large rectangular bay window, with 4 sashes, contemporary
with the matching bay in the 2-storey extension of the range to right. To right
of the door are 2 sashes, probably in place of a single sash. Red-brick left end
wall returns to rear wing and has a row of 3 segmental-arched blind windows at
ground floor plus a leaded 3-light horizontal-sliding sash. Hipped roof with
ridge and lateral stacks. Interior: C18 fireplace with carved architrave and
cornice; "SL 1767" scratched on chimney brick in roof space. To right is a small
C18 barn of 2 bays with weatherboarded front wall on rubble plinth, rubble rear
wall and half-hipped old plain-tile roof. Trusses have curved inner principals.
C19 cast-iron front railings sit on a rubble and brick wall and have matching
gates.


Listing NGR: SU5955592830

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.