This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0339 / 51°2'1"N
Longitude: -1.7861 / 1°47'9"W
OS Eastings: 415096
OS Northings: 126076
OS Grid: SU150260
Mapcode National: GBR 51T.589
Mapcode Global: FRA 764D.409
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1181842
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319532
Location: Odstock, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Odstock
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Odstock with Nunton and Bodenham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 12 NE ODSTOCK ODSTOCK VILLAGE ( south side)
5/151 The Old Rectory
Detached house. 1816 by Jennings and Skeate with additions of 1869
by J. Fowler of Louth, and north extension of late C19.
Pebbledashed brick, Welsh slate hipped roof, brick stacks. L-plan.
2-storey, 6-window front. Early C19 6-panelled door with fanlight
in square porch, to left is 2-storey canted bay with 12-pane
sashes, to right of porch is 16-pane sash, and small fixed window
in late C19 3-storey wing. First floor has 12-pane sashes in bay
and over door, 4-pane width sash to right and 16-pane sashes to
first and to second floors of wing. Deep eaves. Left return has
central canted porch with glazed door and 12-pane sash to right and
6-pane sashes to left, first floor has sashes and casement. To
right of rear is mid-C19 2-storey wing with 12-pane sashes. Right
return is 3-storey north wing with casement to ground floor only,
to rear of this wing are 16-pane sashes. Rear of main range has
12-pane and 16-pane flush sashes.
Interior has turned newel stairs, fluted fireplaces and 6-panelled
doors of c1815 with matching fittings of mid-C19 including
classical marble fireplaces.
(Unpublished records of RCHM (England), Salisbur).
J. Orbach, Unpublished material.
Listing NGR: SU1509626076
Other nearby listed buildings