This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1909 / 52°11'27"N
Longitude: -1.7264 / 1°43'35"W
OS Eastings: 418799
OS Northings: 254776
OS Grid: SP187547
Mapcode National: GBR 4LS.NB1
Mapcode Global: VHBY0.1658
Entry Name: The Green
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1187861
English Heritage Legacy ID: 366422
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon
Built-Up Area: Stratford-upon-Avon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Shottery St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP1854 TAVERN LANE, Shottery
604-1/5/321 (South West side)
25/10/51 The Green
House. Late C16 or early C17. Timber-frame with colourwashed
brick infill on plastered plinth and some weatherboard;
thatched roof with half-hipped gable to left end and brick
stack to rear of ridge. 2-unit plan with lower wing to right.
2 storeys; 4-window range. Entrance to right of centre has C20
gabled canopy and door. Windows have wooden mullions and
leaded glazing; ground floor has 2 windows of 2 lights and
narrow light to right end; 1st floor has 2 windows of 2 lights
and one to right of 4 lights, right end has 5-light dormer
with canted sides. Square framing with braced wall plates.
Left return has 2-light windows to ground floor. Right return
has weatherboarded gable over entrance and window. Rear
Listing NGR: SP1879954776
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings