This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6844 / 52°41'4"N
Longitude: -1.8277 / 1°49'39"W
OS Eastings: 411741
OS Northings: 309653
OS Grid: SK117096
Mapcode National: GBR 4DN.LQK
Mapcode Global: WHCGN.WSTD
Entry Name: 2, Quonian's Lane
Listing Date: 6 March 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194887
English Heritage Legacy ID: 382705
Location: Lichfield, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13
Civil Parish: Lichfield
Built-Up Area: Lichfield
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Lichfield St Michael and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
(North West side)
Part of office and shop. Early C19. Painted brick; tile roof.
L-plan. 2 storeys; 2-window range. Segmental-headed entrance
to left of centre has 6-panel door, 2 glazed; C20 plaque above
has inscription: AD 1555. Large 3-light shop window to left
end with return light; window to right end has 3-light window
with timber lintel; 1st floor has large window to left end,
canted out from wall at right end, with 3 fixed lights and
horizontally sliding sash with cusped frieze, left return
light; window to right end has 2-light small-paned casement.
INTERIOR: shop has beams with scissor bracing between; 1st
floor above has exposed roof trusses. Similar C19 range to
right; workshop to right end has continuous 1st-floor glazing;
attached specimens of the firm's relief work.
Robert Bridgeman came to Lichfield to work on the restoration
of the cathedral and founded his own stonemason's business in
1879, which had moved to Quonian's Lane by 1882.
Listing NGR: SK1174109653
Other nearby listed buildings