History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

77, Brentwood Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Herongate and Ingrave, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6012 / 51°36'4"N

Longitude: 0.3452 / 0°20'42"E

OS Eastings: 562514

OS Northings: 191758

OS Grid: TQ625917

Mapcode National: GBR NKL.J35

Mapcode Global: VHHN9.X0VT

Entry Name: 77, Brentwood Road

Listing Date: 20 February 1976

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1197189

English Heritage Legacy ID: 373381

Location: Herongate and Ingrave, Brentwood, Essex, CM13

County: Essex

District: Brentwood

Civil Parish: Herongate and Ingrave

Built-Up Area: Ingrave

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Ingrave St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Hutton

Listing Text


BRENTWOOD

TQ6291 BRENTWOOD ROAD, Ingrave
723-1/13/213 (South West side)
20/02/76 No.77

II

House. Mid-C19, extended in C20. Timber-framed,
weatherboarded, with facade of yellow brick in Flemish bond,
roofed with slate. Double-pile plan facing NE, with 2 internal
stacks symmetrically arranged. C20 single-storey extension to
right, with hipped roof of slate. C19 wing to rear centre,
originally of one storey, raised to 2 storeys, and large
2-storey extension to right of it, 1966, weatherboarded and
with flat roof. Ground floor, 2 original sashes of 6+6 lights
with flat brick arches, painted reveals, and handmade glass.
First floor, 3 similar sashes. C20 central glazed porch with
moulded pediment and glazed door at front. One similar sash in
left elevation on ground floor, and one more in rear elevation
on first floor. Hipped roof. The land was enclosed in 1842,
and the house is reported to have been built in 1846. All the
sash windows were renovated in 1988, retaining the original
frames, sashes and glass, replacing only the fillets between
the 2 sashes of each window, and adding draught-proof seals.


Listing NGR: TQ6251491758

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.