This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0804 / 51°4'49"N
Longitude: -1.8651 / 1°51'54"W
OS Eastings: 409546
OS Northings: 131239
OS Grid: SU095312
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.98S
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.H6N
Entry Name: St Andrew's House
Listing Date: 4 August 1951
Last Amended: 8 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199256
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319323
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton (Wiltshire)
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 WEST STREET
St Andrew's House)
(formerly listed as
SU 0931 5/49 4.8.51.
Apparently built circa 1795 by a man called Moore for the Olivier family
2 storeys, attic and basement, red brick with projecting moulded plinth,
moulded gault brick cornice, parapet and coping. Road front divided into
3 by full height gault brick pilasters. Old tile "M' roof, hipped to right
with flanking chimneys. 3 dormers. Wide 5 bay front with pilasters off-set
at corners and flanking centre. Glazing bar sash windows with rubbed brick
flat arches. Central 8-panelled door (raised and fielded panels) with moulded
architrave frame under porch, semi-elliptical on plan, 2 slender Doric columns
and wall pilasters supporting entablature with dentilled and bracketted
cornice standing on 3 (now cement) steps. Former street walls replaced
with brick walls with ashlar gatepiers and good modern wrought-iron gates.
3 bay service wing to right, full height, modillion block cornice, and cut
brackets to hood over door.
Garden front has central lst floor Venetian window.
Listing NGR: SU0954231242
Other nearby listed buildings