History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bright's Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Christian Malford, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5125 / 51°30'45"N

Longitude: -2.0189 / 2°1'8"W

OS Eastings: 398783

OS Northings: 179288

OS Grid: ST987792

Mapcode National: GBR 2S2.0DQ

Mapcode Global: VHB3N.Y7JV

Entry Name: Bright's Farmhouse

Listing Date: 25 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1199699

English Heritage Legacy ID: 316257

Location: Christian Malford, Wiltshire, SN15

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Christian Malford

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Christian Malford

Church of England Diocese: Bristol

Find accommodation in
Foxham

Listing Text

CHRISTIAN MALFORD THE CITY
ST 97 NE
5/133 Bright's Farmhouse
II
Farmhouse, C18 and early C19, red brick and rubble stone with stone
slate roofs. Two storeys, L-plan with end stacks and ridge stacks
to main range. Evidence in brickwork of several phases of
building, but unified by consistent early C19 two-light stone
mullion windows with cast-iron small-paned lights, the upper lights
with pointed heads. South front has Flemish bond brick four
window range with centre joint, to left two 2-light windows over 2-
light and 3-light, to right single light and 2-light over door and
2-light. Six-panel door in flush surround with hood on brackets.
A downpipe marked JAB 1914. Rear wall has two apparent joints, 2-
window range of 2-light windows. West end wall and west front of
rear wing are rubble stone without obvious joint. End wall has
attic single light and ground floor 2-light, wing has two-light and
3-light each floor and centre door. Brick north-west quoins,
rubble north wall, but rear wall of wing is brick, garden-wall
bond, with two 2-lights above and ground floor 2 doors and two 2-
lights, alternating. Ground floor is in painted brick 4-arch
lean-to. House is marked on Andrews and Drury 1773 map.


Listing NGR: ST9878379288

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.