This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9927 / 51°59'33"N
Longitude: -2.1574 / 2°9'26"W
OS Eastings: 389286
OS Northings: 232702
OS Grid: SO892327
Mapcode National: GBR 1JR.1C5
Mapcode Global: VH93T.K59R
Entry Name: 154, High Street
Listing Date: 4 March 1952
Last Amended: 25 April 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201274
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376857
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 HIGH STREET
859-1/6/276 (East side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Nos.154 AND 155)
House in row, one of a pair, with shop. Late C15.
Timber-framed, faced in brick to front, and brick or plaster
panels to rear, tile roof, brick stack.
PLAN: Small double-jettied property of one room depth, on a
constricted site. Stair at back corner, fireplace to party
wall with No.155 (qv).
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and basement, 2-windowed. 4-pane sashes in
moulded boxes at first and second floors, above a C19 pilaster
shop front with console brackets, fascia and moulded cornice.
Central recessed door. The top floor has exposed corner posts,
and jetty joists, and the gable to the left, with exposed
framing, includes a very small light to the second floor.
Moulded eaves, large central C17 brick stack. The back wall
has exposed large studs and tension bracing, with an C18
2-light leaded casement at eaves level, and a 4-pane sash at
first and ground floor.
INTERIOR: exposed timber frame with tension bracing; inserted
timber-framed cross wall to second floor; C18 winder stair and
joinery with original brass fittings to panelled doors.
One-bay roof with heavy windbraces to chamfered clasped
purlins and close-studded left gable end.
This was built as a pair with No.155 (qv), but has been more
Listing NGR: SO8928632702
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings