This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9997 / 51°59'58"N
Longitude: -1.0172 / 1°1'2"W
OS Eastings: 467565
OS Northings: 233926
OS Grid: SP675339
Mapcode National: GBR 9XP.MMT
Mapcode Global: VHDT2.BZ2Y
Entry Name: Church of St John
Listing Date: 13 July 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1211600
English Heritage Legacy ID: 396107
Location: Radclive-cum-Chackmore, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Radclive-cum-Chackmore
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Radclive cum Chackmore
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 63 SE RADCLIVE-CUM-CHACKMORE
Church of St John
Parish church. Nave and chancel originally transitional, restored 1903.
Rubblestone, copper roof to nave, old tiles to chancel. W. tower C14 and
C15 with battlemented parapet and corner buttresses. Nave has 2 decorated
2-light windows to north, 3-light perpendicular window to south. S. doorway
has zig-zag and dogtooth ornament and carved foliage capitals, later porch.
Chancel has paired lancets in N. and S. walls, decorated 2-light window
in E. wall. Interior: nave has blocked staircase to road, moulded lintel over
niche to right of chancel arch; chancel arch on columns with triangular
ornament, arch rebuilt, fragments of original arch with beakhead ornament
incorporated in wall above. Fittings: altar has early C17 carved panelling;
early C17 altar rails with pierced balusters; C17 hat pegs along S. wall
of nave; Norman font.
Listing NGR: SP6756533926
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings