This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9242 / 51°55'27"N
Longitude: -0.9286 / 0°55'42"W
OS Eastings: 473774
OS Northings: 225617
OS Grid: SP737256
Mapcode National: GBR C03.62X
Mapcode Global: VHDTH.VWGS
Entry Name: New Farmhouse
Listing Date: 19 August 1959
Last Amended: 17 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1212345
English Heritage Legacy ID: 396825
Location: East Claydon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: East Claydon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: The Claydons
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 72 NW EAST CLAYDON ST. MARY'S ROAD
1/31 New Farmhouse
as New and White-
House. Early C17, altered and refronted 1675 (formerly dated
over front door), altered again C19 and C20, Ground floor is
of dressed stone with rendered voussoir heads to windows. First
floor is pebble-dashed. C19 tile roof with some fishscale
patterning. Boxed eaves with moulded rail of former coving.
2 large chimney stacks of C17 brick to rear, that to left with
flat pilasters, that to right with 'V' pilasters. 2 storeys
and attic, 3 irregular bays. C20 barred wooden casements.
Flush-panelled door between left-hand windows has wooden
architrave frame, barred rectangular fanlight and rendered panel
above with the coat of arms of Edmund and Mary Verney. Flanking
single storey extensions. C19 brick and tile L-plan ranges to
rear. Attic windows in gables.
RCHM II p. 103 Mon. 3
Listing NGR: SP7377425617
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings