This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8469 / 50°50'48"N
Longitude: -2.9473 / 2°56'50"W
OS Eastings: 333405
OS Northings: 105688
OS Grid: ST334056
Mapcode National: GBR M7.VZ12
Mapcode Global: FRA 46QV.MMF
Entry Name: The Old Chapel
Listing Date: 30 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1249279
English Heritage Legacy ID: 430754
Location: Tatworth and Forton, South Somerset, Somerset, TA20
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Tatworth and Forton
Built-Up Area: Tatworth
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Tatworth St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
ST305 TAMWORTH AND FORTON CP TATWORTH
12/103 Th Old Chapel
Congregational Chapel, now dwelling. Circa 1830. Render grooved as ashlar, double Roman tiled roof, barge boards gable
ends, brick stack to left. Single cell chapel facing north with vestry and lean-to addition on east front. Gable
fronted chapel right, circular window in gable end with radiating glazing bars above central semi-circular-headed
doorway, fanlight with radiating glazing bars and C20 boarded door, flanked by 20-pane cast iron fixed light windows
with 4-pane opening centre top, to left semi-circular headed fixed light window, plank door in brick lean-to addition.
Right return unlit, rear elevation thought to have another cast-iron fixed light window. In the early C20 this building
housed piece workers who mended netting produced at the Perry Street works (qv) textile factory.
Listing NGR: ST3340505688
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings