This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2561 / 51°15'21"N
Longitude: 1.1445 / 1°8'40"E
OS Eastings: 619511
OS Northings: 155469
OS Grid: TR195554
Mapcode National: GBR TYK.26J
Mapcode Global: VHLGN.SPFF
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 30 January 1967
Last Amended: 14 March 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1298996
English Heritage Legacy ID: 170974
Location: Bekesbourne-with-Patrixbourne, Canterbury, Kent, CT4
Civil Parish: Bekesbourne-with-Patrixbourne
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5273 BEKESBOURNE SCHOOL LANE
Church of St Peter
(formerly listed under
TR 15 NE 9/120 30.1.67
Built of flint with stone dressings. Chancel, nave and west tower in 2 stages
with crenellated parapet. The nave and tower are C12, the chancel C13. Round-arched
Norman doorway with zigzag mouldings and crude heads carved on responds. Transept
dated 1715, with south wall faced with mathematical tiles. The church was
greatly restored in 1881-90. Monuments including Sir Henry Palmer deceased
1611. The churchyard contains C18 skull, cherub, hourglass and spade and
mattock motif headstones, chest tombs and oval bodystones.
Listing NGR: TR1948255681
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings