This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.232 / 53°13'55"N
Longitude: -1.0331 / 1°1'58"W
OS Eastings: 464641
OS Northings: 370988
OS Grid: SK646709
Mapcode National: GBR 9FR.9NS
Mapcode Global: WHFGT.31B3
Entry Name: Sarcophagus 150 Metres East of Church of St John
Listing Date: 20 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1302588
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242229
Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Perlethorpe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
PERLETHORPE CHURCH LANE
SK 67 SW
CUM BUDBY (north side)
1/86 Sarcophagus 150M
east of Church of
Sarcophagus. 1812. Ashlar. Brick supporting wall with sloped
coping. Chamfered plinth with verse inscription. Rectangular
base has partly erased inscription to Charles Alphonso Pierrepont,
and moulded cornice. Sarcophagus has hipped lid and ball feet.
Re-sited from original church, 1876.
Listing NGR: SK6464170988
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings