This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6939 / 51°41'37"N
Longitude: -1.6913 / 1°41'28"W
OS Eastings: 421436
OS Northings: 199504
OS Grid: SU214995
Mapcode National: GBR 4ST.R7K
Mapcode Global: VHC0B.MPRB
Entry Name: The New Inn
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303075
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129054
Location: Lechlade, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Lechlade
Built-Up Area: Lechlade-on-Thames
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Lechlade St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SU 2199 LECHLADE MARKET PLACE
10/212 The New Inn
Large coaching inn. Early C18, recorded as the New Inn from 1754.
Brick front and rear, rubble stone, on plinth with chamfered
alternating quoins, stone slate roof with moulded stone eaves
cornice, brick end stacks and one brick ridge stack, 2 rear brick
stacks. Large single front range with 2 rear hipped cross ranges
and rear extension forming L-plan, 3 storeys and attic. Six
windows, 12-pane sashes with thick glazing bars, splayed brick
voussoirs and stone sills. Six-pane sashes on second floor. Three
12-pane sashes on ground floor, large ashlar doorcase left of
centre with 2 attached Doric columns on bases with triglyph blocks
supporting shallow open dentil pediment and semi-circular soffit
with radial fanlight and lamp inset. Door of 6 fielded panels.
Large depressed carriage arch to right with stone keystone and
piers. Two small gabled dormers with twin wooden casements and
moulded wood 'pediments'. Long C20 rear extension not of special
Listing NGR: SU2143699504
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings