This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0183 / 53°1'5"N
Longitude: -2.4784 / 2°28'42"W
OS Eastings: 368006
OS Northings: 346885
OS Grid: SJ680468
Mapcode National: GBR 7V.FY8B
Mapcode Global: WH9BJ.XD0F
Entry Name: Hatherton Manor
Listing Date: 12 January 1967
Last Amended: 5 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1312575
English Heritage Legacy ID: 57104
Location: Hatherton, Cheshire East, CW5
County: Cheshire East
Civil Parish: Hatherton
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Wybunbury St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Chester
HATHERTON C.P. AUDLEM ROAD
SJ 64 NE
4/26 Hatherton Manor
(formerly listed as
Farmhouse. Dated 1703 and 1747. Orange-red Flemish bond brick with
ashlar dressings and a plain tile roof. Two storeys with attic and
basement. Entrance front: five bays symmetrically disposed. The
basement projects slightly and has a cyma moulded band to the top. To
either corner are flush quoins. These quoins continue above basement
level where they project slightly and are chamfered. Cyma-moulded
string course between the ground and first floors and a band between
the first floor and parapet. The ground floor doorway is approached
by a flight of 7 moulded ashlar steps with two C20 steps to the top.
To either side of this staircase are C20 basement windows of C20 plate
glass. The door surround is moulded and,of ashlar. The lintel is
inscribed with the date and initials 17 WA 03. Above is a keystone
and brick and ashlar voussoirs. To either side are two sash windows
of 3 x 2 C19 sash panes with wider plate glass panes at the centre.
Five similar windows to the first floor, the central one having a
moulded stone surround and all the windows having flat-arched heads.
The band dividing the first floor from the parapet has the date and
initials M M to the centre.
Gable chimney stacks to either end. At right is a C20 addition at
basement level. The right and left hand sides both have band of 2
bricks depth dividing the ground from the first floors and there is a
later gabled wing to the left at the rear.
Interior: Closed string staircase of five flights with top landing.
Spiral fluted balusters, square newel posts with moulded hand rail and
caps. The ground floor has a room with bolection moulded panels
divided by a chair rail. Fireplace to one angle with dentilled
cornice and sloping shoulders. Cyma-moulded cornice above the
panelling and two panelled window seats. Four doors to the first
floor landing each with 2 raised and fielded panels and H-hinges.
Four plank doors to the attic floor, one with in-and-out boarding.
Listing NGR: SJ6800646885
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings