History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Seventh Day Adventist Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Redruth, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.2455 / 50°14'43"N

Longitude: -5.2594 / 5°15'33"W

OS Eastings: 167714

OS Northings: 43468

OS Grid: SW677434

Mapcode National: GBR Z2.1MJT

Mapcode Global: VH12J.S3G5

Entry Name: Seventh Day Adventist Church

Listing Date: 14 January 1974

Last Amended: 12 September 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1328153

English Heritage Legacy ID: 66766

Location: Illogan, Cornwall, TR16

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Illogan

Built-Up Area: Redruth

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Saint Illogan

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Illogan

Listing Text

ILLOGAN VOGUE BELOTH
SW 64 SE
(north side)
5/210
14.1.74 Seventh Day Adventist Church
(formerly listed as
Methodist Sunday School)

GV II
Methodist Sunday School, now church. Dated 1909 on aprons of 1st floor
windows. Snecked rock-faced killas rubble with white granite dressings, slate
roof. Rectangular plan on north-south axis, 3x4 bays, gable to road. Eclectic
style. Gabled 2-storey facade, symmetrical, with plinth, granite quoins to the
outer corners and to the centre, which breaks forwards; central round-headed
doorway with hoodmould set in a shallow gabled surround, a round-headed 3-light
window above, with wooden mullions and wavy transom, and diamond-leaded
glazing; and above this a hump-topped plaque with raised lettering "WESLEYAN /
SUNDAY SCHOOL"; outer bays have 2-stage 3-light windows in matching style,
divided by plaques with raised lettering "A.D." (left) and "1909" (right). The
gable is taller than the roof behind it, and has moulded copings and kneelers.
The base of the wall has a course of lettered foundation stones, double-tiered at
all corners including the jambs of the doorway. Large square-headed windows in
the sides. Included for group value with Methodist Church opposite.


Listing NGR: SW6771443468

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.