This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5372 / 51°32'13"N
Longitude: -0.595 / 0°35'42"W
OS Eastings: 497539
OS Northings: 182963
OS Grid: SU975829
Mapcode National: GBR F7V.DF3
Mapcode Global: VHFT2.MMSG
Entry Name: Stableyard with East Lodge and West Lodge
Listing Date: 26 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1332732
English Heritage Legacy ID: 44233
Location: Stoke Poges, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire, SL2
District: South Bucks
Civil Parish: Stoke Poges
Built-Up Area: Stoke Poges
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Stoke Poges
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 98 SE STOKE POGES STOKE PARK
Stableyard with East
- Lodge and 'West Lodge'
Circa 1850, altered. Red brick; stone dressings; old tile roof. Quadrangle
with one-storey stables and coach-houses on 3 sides and 2-storey cottage
at each end. Old red brick wall extends across 4th side. In it entrance
to stables between stone gate piers surmounted by stone eagles on pedestals,
C18. Left hand cottage (East Lodge) much altered and restored. Right hand
cottage and coach-house wings have windows with stone mullions and, sometimes
transoms. One side of quadrangle with 6 sets of carriage doors beneath
segmental arches. Above the 3rd (formerly central arch a gable with clock
and, on roof ridge, an open timber cupola with weather-vane).
Listing NGR: SU9753982963
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings