This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1054 / 54°6'19"N
Longitude: -2.5502 / 2°33'0"W
OS Eastings: 364124
OS Northings: 467863
OS Grid: SD641678
Mapcode National: GBR BNMZ.P2
Mapcode Global: WH958.S2TK
Entry Name: Laith House
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Last Amended: 24 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1362609
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182622
Location: Tatham, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Tatham
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Tatham Fells The Good Shepherd
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 66 NW TATHAM
2/86 Laith House (formerly listed as
4-10-1967 Barn to north-east of The Green
House, 1690. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. End baffle-entry
plan. 2 storeys, 3 bays, with drip course above ground-floor windows.
Windows rebated and chamfered with mullions, of 3 lights except for those
on the 1st floor of bays one and 2, which are of 2 lights. Door, in the
left-hand bay, has a chamfered surround and a shaped lintel inscribed:
'CAS 1690'. Chimney to left of door. At the left is a former barn under a
continuous roof, now part of the house. It has a wide entrance with timber
lintel, now containing a recessed glazed door and window. At the left is a
former shippon door, now blocked and containing a window. Chimney to left
of wide entrance. Interior has plain stone fireplace of C19th type and
exposed modern ceiling joists.
Listing NGR: SD6412267869
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings