History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

61 AND 61A, PLOUGH LANE (See details for further address information)

A Grade II Listed Building in Beddington North, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3627 / 51°21'45"N

Longitude: -0.1321 / 0°7'55"W

OS Eastings: 530143

OS Northings: 164278

OS Grid: TQ301642

Mapcode National: GBR G2.TN7

Mapcode Global: VHGRR.N0KP

Entry Name: 61 AND 61A, PLOUGH LANE (See details for further address information)

Listing Date: 20 June 1973

Last Amended: 1 March 1974

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1365689

English Heritage Legacy ID: 206782

Location: Sutton, London, SM6

County: London

District: Sutton

Electoral Ward/Division: Beddington North

Built-Up Area: Sutton

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: South Beddington and Roundshaw

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Wallington

Listing Text

1. PLOUGH LANE
4430
BEDDINGTON
Nos 57 and 59
Nos 61 and 61A (Formerly
listed as No 61)
TQ 3064 26/150 20.6.73.
II
2.
Originally 4 cottages, known as Nos 1, 2, 3 and 4 The Model Cottages; No 61 now
comprises 2 of these cottages. Mid C19 circa. 2-storey range. 8 window bays,
each 1st floor window with a gable over it; end and centre bay project forward,
surmounted by wider gables with bargeboards; porches in returns of projections.
Plain tile roof. Yellow stock brick front with red brick dressings. 2-light
casements with small panes; lower windows leaded and set in pointed arches with
red brick herringbone work in tympana. Porches with hipped tile roofs and ledged
doors. The cottages were originally built to provide accommodation for the Carew
Estate Workers and were then used as almshouses by the Church in Beddington. An
external chimney in each end return, one bearing a coat of arms and the other
bearing a plaque with the initials HJ or JH and the date 1859 [initials of the
Rev James Hamilton, rector of Beddington from 1841 to 60?]. Shown on OS Map of
1868.


Listing NGR: TQ3014364278

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.