This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7739 / 51°46'26"N
Longitude: -4.7371 / 4°44'13"W
OS Eastings: 211260
OS Northings: 211907
OS Grid: SN112119
Mapcode National: GBR CW.ZHN0
Mapcode Global: VH2P5.VN1Z
Entry Name: Elm House
Listing Date: 15 October 1997
Last Amended: 15 October 1997
Source ID: 18976
Building Class: Domestic
Location: At N end of Templeton Village, set slightly back at W side of village street. Rubble stone front wall with gate piers and simple iron gate.
Locality: Templeton Village
Built-Up Area: Templeton
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
A cottage probably built about the time of the Narberth Enclosure, c.1786; it has a later (mid-C19) rear wing. It was until recently part of the Henllan estate. At one time it was occupied by the minister of the nearby Congregational chapel.
Symmetrical front elevation of two storeys, three windows, facing E to the village street, but set back behind a small front garden. White-painted rubble front. The S side and the two-storey rear wing are rendered, the N gable and a single storey rear outshut unrendered. Slate roof, with brick end-chimneys. Twelve-pane sash windows at front with slightly cambered heads, the upper windows being very slightly smaller than the lower. Plain central front door, with a hood supported on struts.
Central hallway with dogleg staircase: close string, square balusters, pine handrail swept up to the landing newel. Decorative bottom newel. Four-panel doors. Small open fireplace in the left front room, a former kitchen; boarded rear door to extension.
Well preserved late C18 vernacular house, retaining scale and proportion, with original plan form and some detail.
Other nearby listed buildings