This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8696 / 51°52'10"N
Longitude: -4.5515 / 4°33'5"W
OS Eastings: 224436
OS Northings: 222075
OS Grid: SN244220
Mapcode National: GBR D4.SFNX
Mapcode Global: VH2NX.285M
Entry Name: Outbuilding at Nantyreglwys
Listing Date: 6 August 2001
Last Amended: 6 August 2001
Source ID: 25645
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Situated some 100m NE of Nantyreglwys mansion, set back on upper side of drive.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Coach-house and stable range to Nantyreglwys, probably earlier C19, but not marked on 1839 Tithe map.
Outbuilding, whitewashed rubble stone with asbestos-sheet roof cladding. L-plan, partly lofted. At left depressed-arched cart-entry with sandstone voussoirs to arch. Rest of range has single row of brick dove-holes under eaves with slate shelf, interrupted at left by 2 small square loft lights. These are closely over 2 doors and then there is a third to right, a small window and finally an inserted door with red brick head, the others having single stone lintels. Short added range to right at right angles has depressed-arched cart-entry to left and then added whitewashed brick lean-to obscures front. Row of dove holes over lean-to . End has hipped roof and another depressed-arched cart-entry with brick arch.
Included as a well-preserved coach house and stable range, a good example of a gentry estate outbuilding.
Other nearby listed buildings