This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6414 / 52°38'29"N
Longitude: -3.7152 / 3°42'54"W
OS Eastings: 284036
OS Northings: 306234
OS Grid: SH840062
Mapcode National: GBR 97.6RY0
Mapcode Global: WH688.XV0W
Entry Name: Glan-afon
Listing Date: 5 August 2004
Last Amended: 5 August 2004
Source ID: 83021
Location: Located immediately N of the churchyard, and reached from a driveway which curves round from the N leading to a parking area. A small stone range containing a stable is immediately to the W of the ho
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Originally a timber-framed house, shown on the 1841 Tithe map. A new block was added at right angles in the mid-late C19, the timber-framed section becoming the rear wing.
Two-storey 2-window house of random stone under a slate roof with stone end stacks and boarded eaves. The entrance is to the E gable end, with garden front facing N. The garden front has full-height canted bay windows with hipped rooflets, containing hornless 12-pane sash windows; hornless 16-pane sash windows aligned above rising to eaves. Gabled entrance front has a panelled door with plain overlight offset to L, under a long timber lintel; 16-pane hornless sash above. The W gable end has a hornless sash window offset to R, possibly a stairlight.
The rear wing, of one-and-a-half storeys, is timber-framed with large panels, the S gable end of rubble stone. Slate roof, stone end stack. The E side, adjacent to the front entrance, is 2-window, the tall 6-pane wooden windows probably late C20; similar upper storey windows aligned above. Part-glazed lean-to on W side, detail not seen.
No access to interior at time of inspection.
Listed as a small C19 gentry house in a village setting retaining its character and detail, and with a sub-medieval rear wing.
Other nearby listed buildings