Telephone Call-box in Cradoc
A Grade II Listed Building in Yscir (Ysgir), Powys
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9649 / 51°57'53"N
Longitude: -3.4315 / 3°25'53"W
OS Eastings: 301745
OS Northings: 230575
OS Grid: SO017305
Mapcode National: GBR YM.L9H9
Mapcode Global: VH6BR.GWR1
Entry Name: Telephone Call-box in Cradoc
Listing Date: 23 March 2005
Last Amended: 23 March 2005
Source ID: 84278
Building Class: Communications
Location: At the crossroads on the E side of Cradoc village opposite The Old Smithy.
Community: Yscir (Ysgir)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Telephone kiosk of type designed in 1936 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott for the GPO. This one made before 1953, by the Lion Foundry Co. Ltd., Kirkintilloch.
Telephone kiosk, red-painted cast-iron with shallow Soaneian dome, the lunettes with George VI crowns over glazed panels lettered ''Telephone''. Sides and door have glazing in vertical row of eight long panes each with marginal pane each side, door glazing is cast-iron set in wood. Makers plate to rear.
Reasons for Listing
Included for group value with The Old Smithy in the village centre.
Other nearby listed buildings
The Old Smithy
On the SW side of the road junction on the E side of Cradoc village.
Set high in a landscaped park (now a golf course) above the village of Cradoc to S; reached by a formal drive to E.
Entrance gatepiers and gates to Penoyre
On the E side of a landscaped park (now a golf course) above the village of Cradoc to S; approached by a formal drive to E.
Nos 1 and 2 Beacons View
On the N side of the road through Battle village some 220m E of the Church of Saint Cynog.
On the S side of the road through Battle village some 150m E of the Church of Saint Cynog.
Church of Saint Cynog
On the W side of Battle in a churchyard S of the road through the village.
Milestone at Battle
Near the edge of Battle on the W side of the road through the village some 100m NW of the Church of Saint Cynog.
Carrying the minor road from Trallong to Cradoc over the Afon Yscir some 670m NE of the Church of Saint Mary and Saint Cynidr.