Former stable at Bodawen Lodge
A Grade II Listed Building in Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9351 / 52°56'6"N
Longitude: -4.1342 / 4°8'3"W
OS Eastings: 256657
OS Northings: 339659
OS Grid: SH566396
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.M466
Mapcode Global: WH55L.GHJ6
Entry Name: Former stable at Bodawen Lodge
Listing Date: 26 September 2005
Last Amended: 26 September 2005
Source ID: 85375
Location: On the W side of No 2 Bodawen Lodge.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
A stable contemporary with Nos 1-2 Bodawen Lodge and shown on the 1842 Tithe map and 1871 Tremadog estate plan.
A single-storey former stable of whitened coursed rubble stone, and slate roof. It has a boarded door on the L side and 2-light window with diamond-pattern glazing to the R side.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as an outbuilding retaining definite C19 character and for group value with Nos 1-2 Bodawen Lodge.
Other nearby listed buildings
Approximately 500m N of Prthmadog station, at the entrance of a drive to Bodawen.
Approximately 500m N of Porthmadog station, at the entrance of a drive to Bodawen.
Porthmadog war memorial, including steps, trilithon and monoliths forming its approach
Prominently sited on a natural eminence to the N of the town centre and to the N of the railway station.
In its own grounds set back from the road at the S end of Tremadog, opposite Capel Peniel.
Set back from the road at the S end of Tremadog.
Former Tremadoc Tramway bridge over drainage ditch
To the N of Pensyflog Farm, on a footpath between Tremadog and Porthmadog, approximately 0.5km S of Tremadog Market Square.
Ty Nanney, including forecourt walls, gate piers and gate
Set back from the road in its own grounds, just S of the junction of Church Street (A487) and Isgraig.
Gateway to the Church of Saint Mary
Forming the W entrance to the churchyard, from Church Street.