This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.956 / 52°57'21"N
Longitude: -2.8899 / 2°53'23"W
OS Eastings: 340310
OS Northings: 340213
OS Grid: SJ403402
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.KSL8
Mapcode Global: WH89D.LY1S
Entry Name: Stable and shippon at Sandy Lane Farm
Listing Date: 18 November 2005
Last Amended: 18 November 2005
Source ID: 86971
Location: On the N side of the farmhouse, across a pitched stone farmyard.
Community: Maelor South (De Maelor)
Community: Maelor South
Locality: Sandy Lane
Traditional County: Flintshire
A late C19 Gredington estate farm building shown on the 1900 Ordnance Survey.
A lofted stable and shippon of brick with blue-brick segmental-headed openings, and slate roof. It has large replacement double doors, in an original opening, to the R, then a split door and window to the L. The loft has 3 openings, the R-hand open, the central retaining some original glazing bars and the L-hand with boarded shutter under a wooden lintel. A lean-to against the L gable end has a split door. Set slightly back to the R is the lower shippon. It has a split boarded door flanked by steel-framed hopper windows under lintels. Its gable end has a boarded door for the feeding passage to the R. The rear has 2 windows similar to the front and the stable has a single window on the L side.
Listed as a well-preserved C19 farm building and as part of a strong farm group.
Other nearby listed buildings