History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pipps Ford

A Grade II Listed Building in Coddenham, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1412 / 52°8'28"N

Longitude: 1.0801 / 1°4'48"E

OS Eastings: 610862

OS Northings: 253691

OS Grid: TM108536

Mapcode National: GBR TLM.PX7

Mapcode Global: VHLBC.NFWW

Entry Name: Pipps Ford

Listing Date: 9 December 1955

Last Amended: 26 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1033236

English Heritage Legacy ID: 279275

Location: Coddenham, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP6

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Coddenham

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Coddenham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Coddenham

Listing Text

CODDENHAM KETTLE LANE
TM 15 SW
7/27 Pipps Ford (formerly
-
9-12-55 listed as Pip's Farmhouse)
- II

Former farmhouse. Late C16 and C17, in 3 phases. Alterations of mid C19.
Timber-framed; arch wind-braced studding largely exposed and blackened with
plaster infill panels. A 2-storey C19 outshut along the front wall is in
painted brick. Plaintiled roofs with 2 axial chimneys of red brick. 3-cell
cross-entry plan. 2 storeys. Small-pane casements, mainly of C19. On the
garden side are some original windows unblocked and glazed, with diamond and
ovolo-moulded mullions. A 2-storey C17 entrance porch, at the cross-entry
position, has the upper wall framing exposed; the moulded head of an original
oriel survives above the entrance. C19 4-panelled door. A 2-cell C17
bakehouse-with-dairy is set forward to left. It was detached until C19, and
has a little C18 cable-pattern pargetting. The hall and service cell of the
house is the earliest phase, with plain framing; there is evidence for a rear
cross-entry doorway with shallow arched head. The parlour block, of higher
quality was added soon afterwards; the parlour has an ovolo moulded bridging
joist. A further wing was added to rear of service end later in C17.


Listing NGR: TM1086253691

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.