History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Eglingham, Northumberland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 55.4684 / 55°28'6"N

Longitude: -1.8335 / 1°50'0"W

OS Eastings: 410624

OS Northings: 619406

OS Grid: NU106194

Mapcode National: GBR H5M6.VK

Mapcode Global: WHC13.TT27

Entry Name: The Old Vicarage

Listing Date: 25 August 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1045928

English Heritage Legacy ID: 236515

Location: Eglingham, Northumberland, NE66

County: Northumberland

Civil Parish: Eglingham

Traditional County: Northumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland

Church of England Parish: Eglingham St Maurice

Church of England Diocese: Newcastle

Find accommodation in
Eglingham

Listing Text

EGLINGHAM EGLINGHAM VILLAGE
NU 1019
(South side, off)
19/174 The Old Vicarage
GV II

Vicarage, now private house. c.1840. Tooled stone with tooled-and-margined
dressings; Welsh slate roof. Tudor style. South elevation 2 storeys, 4 bays.
Chamfered plinth. At each end a projecting canted 2-storey bay with a 3-light
mullioned-and-transomed window under a moulded string, the centre light carried
down to form a French window. 2-light windows above and in centre bays, under
hoodmoulds. Small-paned casements in ground-floor windows, 6-pane sashes
above, all in chamfered surrounds. Coped gables with moulded kneelers and
finials; smaller gables over bays have chamfered loops. Left return shows
2 blind loops, 2-light window above and loop in gable. Left porch bay with
stepped set-back buttresses, flush-panelled double doors under Tudor arch and
2-light window above; corbelled-out parapet with gable. Tall stepped stack
with dentil cornice, rising from roof valley. Right return shows blind loops
in gable end. Right projecting stepped stack, with dentil cornice, and stair
bay with Tudor-arched doorway under tall 2-light transomed window. Lower
4-bay service wing to far right, with projecting cross-gabled end bay.

Interior: Open-well stair with turned balusters and moulded wreathed handrail.


Listing NGR: NU1062419406

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.