History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Conservatory Attached to North Kilworth House

A Grade II* Listed Building in North Kilworth, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4454 / 52°26'43"N

Longitude: -1.1154 / 1°6'55"W

OS Eastings: 460220

OS Northings: 283420

OS Grid: SP602834

Mapcode National: GBR 9R4.LTP

Mapcode Global: VHCTF.MS5P

Entry Name: Conservatory Attached to North Kilworth House

Listing Date: 15 September 1987

Last Amended: 5 June 1992

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1061421

English Heritage Legacy ID: 191448

Location: North Kilworth, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE17

County: Leicestershire

District: Harborough

Civil Parish: North Kilworth

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: North Kilworth St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Husbands Bosworth

Listing Text

SP 68 SW NORTH KILWORTH LUTTERWORTH ROAD
(south side)

5/34 Conservatory attached to
15/09/87 North Kilworth House
(formerly listed under
A467, Misterton Road)

GV II*

Conservatory. 1888, probably designed by A E PURDIE for J B N
ENTWISLE. Cast iron and wood with plain and stained leaded
glass. Rendered and moulded plinth with brick base decorated
with glazed tiles. Single storey. central large pavilion with
2 smaller side pavilions. South front has a central 5-bay
pedimented porch which projects forward by 2 bays with central
round-headed double doors flanked by narrow side bays, flanked
again by wider bays, each divided by 6 moulded square wooden
columns. The pediment is glazed with a central circular panel
plus 2 triangular side panels, and topped by an iron weathervane
with corner ball finials. Either side are 3 bays completing the
central pavilion and these are in turn flanked by the 5-bay side
pavilions. Each bay a large segment-headed window, with leaded
and partly stained glass, plus a small overlight with stained
glass. The central pavilion is topped by a 3-tier lantern, the
central section has 3 round-headed, stained glass lights, with
a small 2-light lantern above topped with a lead roof and an
ornate iron finial, either side are lower 3-bay side lanterns,
again with ornate iron finials. The side pavilions are topped
by square lanterns with ogee roofs, and ornate iron finials.
INTERIORS: the north aisle is divided off by a row of exceedingly
ornate iron columns with tall bases, fluted shafts and
exaggerated capitals. The main roof structure is wooden, with
ornate iron bases and strengthened bars and trusses. The floor
has a circular central section and cross aisles, between the
raised beds, decorated with Italian mosaics, and lined with iron
heating grills.


Listing NGR: SP6022083420

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.