This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.6325 / 53°37'56"N
Longitude: -2.8106 / 2°48'38"W
OS Eastings: 346494
OS Northings: 415409
OS Grid: SD464154
Mapcode National: GBR 8VTF.9L
Mapcode Global: WH864.SYTN
Entry Name: Canal Lock at Sd 464 154
Listing Date: 2 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073107
English Heritage Legacy ID: 357717
Location: Rufford, West Lancashire, Lancashire, L40
District: West Lancashire
Civil Parish: Rufford
Built-Up Area: Rufford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Rufford with Holmeswood St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
RUFFORD STATION ROAD (off)
SD 41 NE
7/15 Canal Lock at
SD 464 154
Lock on Leeds-Liverpool Canal "new cut" from Burscough to Tarleton. Probably
c.1780 ("new cut" opened 1781). Dressed sandstone blocks, wooden gates with
iron furnishings. Convex retaining walls to the entries at north and south
ends; descent is from south to north, and there is an overflow channel on the
west side from the basin at the south end to the basin at the other end.
Wooden bridge over tail of lock.
Listing NGR: SD4649415409
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings