History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Weobley, County of Herefordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1606 / 52°9'38"N

Longitude: -2.8776 / 2°52'39"W

OS Eastings: 340061

OS Northings: 251731

OS Grid: SO400517

Mapcode National: GBR FC.62TC

Mapcode Global: VH77K.2YKK

Entry Name: The Old Vicarage

Listing Date: 20 February 1953

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1081867

English Heritage Legacy ID: 149945

Location: Weobley, County of Herefordshire, HR4

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Weobley

Built-Up Area: Weobley

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Weobley

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Dilwyn

Listing Text


SO 4051 - 4151 WEOBLEY CP MEADOW STREET (south side)

14/163 The Old Vicarage

20.2.53

GV II

House. C16, with some mid-C19 and late C20 repairs. Timber-frame with
rendered infill on a rendered plinth under a tile roof. Three framed bays
aligned north-west/south-east with two wings, each of a single bay, projecting
to north-east. Main stack to rear (south-west) wall of main range has a painted
brick stack. A further stack of painted rubble with painted brick shaft is
placed between the two projecting wings. North-east front is of two storeys
with the two gabled and jettied wings to the right. To left the main range
is of two storeys with a 3-light casement. On the ground floor a lean-to
tiled canopy covers the entrance to the left and a 3-light casement to the
right. The gabled wings are also of two storeys and each have a canted oriel
with C16 moulded sill supported on a carved scroll bracket. On the ground
floor there is a canted bay to the left and a 2-light casement to the right.
Framing: of main range is four square panels high with straight angle braces,
the gable-end truss has three struts to the collar and V-struts in the apex.
The projecting wings have curved brackets to the jetty. The gables above have
carved angle braces and a single strut to the collar. (RCHM, 3, pp 198-9, no 19).


Listing NGR: SO4006151731

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.