History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Teddington House

A Grade II Listed Building in Cleasby, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.5123 / 54°30'44"N

Longitude: -1.6171 / 1°37'1"W

OS Eastings: 424890

OS Northings: 513065

OS Grid: NZ248130

Mapcode National: GBR KJ48.Q7

Mapcode Global: WHC5W.4V75

Entry Name: Teddington House

Listing Date: 18 March 1968

Last Amended: 29 January 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1131359

English Heritage Legacy ID: 322647

Location: Cleasby, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL2

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

Civil Parish: Cleasby

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Cleasby with Stapleton St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Lucy Cross

Listing Text

CLEASBY CLEASBY
NZ 21 SW
4/8 Teddington House
(formerly listed as
18.3.68 Jennington House)

GV II

House. Mid C17, with early C18 and C20 alterations. Roughcast, concrete
interlocking tile roof. 2 storeys, 3 first-floor windows. Ground floor,
from left: board door; C20 double 16-pane sash window; C20 6-panel door; C20
double 16-pane sash windows. First floor, from left: C20 double 16-pane
sash window; two C20 16-pane sash windows. Ashlar coping. Brick end
stacks, that to right large and stepped. Single-storey addition to right,
not of special interest. Rear: left half of elevation mostly obscured by
single-storey lean-to addition (not of special interest) but above its roof
2 small windows in hidden mullion window surrounds; to the right, ground-
floor chamfered cross-window and first-floor 2-light chamfered mullion
window, both in new positions having been further to right; C20 external
stack in centre, not of special interest. Left return: fixed-light ground-
floor window. Interior: in ground-floor room to right, chamfered bressumer
to inglenook fireplace. The left-hand bay of the building became the
schoolroom of the Charity School founded by Bishop Robinson in 1723, and
merged with the Friends' Day School in 1848.


Listing NGR: NZ2489013065

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.