History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Disused Drinking Fountain About 5 Metres North of the Queens Arms Public House

A Grade II Listed Building in Constantine, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.1188 / 50°7'7"N

Longitude: -5.1744 / 5°10'27"W

OS Eastings: 173171

OS Northings: 29128

OS Grid: SW731291

Mapcode National: GBR Z6.8RWR

Mapcode Global: FRA 081P.XMR

Entry Name: Disused Drinking Fountain About 5 Metres North of the Queens Arms Public House

Listing Date: 17 June 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1142112

English Heritage Legacy ID: 66083

Location: Constantine, Cornwall, TR11

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Constantine

Built-Up Area: Constantine

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Constantine

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Constantine

Listing Text

CONSTANTINE

1533/8/97 FORE STREET
17-JUN-88 CONSTANTINE
DISUSED DRINKING FOUNTAIN ABOUT 5 METR
ES NORTH OF THE QUEENS ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE

II
SW 72 NW CONSTANTINE FORE STREET, Constantine

8/97 Disused drinking fountain about 5
- metres north of the Queens Arms
public house

II


Disused drinking fountain. Probably mid to late C19. Granite monolith set in front
of a wall. It is a small approximately half metre high round-headed block of granite
with a round-headed niche in the front. At the back of the niche a stopped pipe in
place of the tap. The granite block is somewhat damaged at the top and left side.
It is set in front of a low wall of massive granite blocks; the curved block on the
corner is dated 1889.
This is one of a series of 6 surviving drinking fountains which supplied water to
Constantine, piped from the top of the village.


Listing NGR: SW7317129128

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.