This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1265 / 54°7'35"N
Longitude: -0.5233 / 0°31'24"W
OS Eastings: 496597
OS Northings: 471076
OS Grid: SE965710
Mapcode National: GBR SNSQ.HJ
Mapcode Global: WHGCQ.XJYX
Entry Name: Lychgate, Attached Churchyard Walls and Footgate to South, to Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 14 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1175538
English Heritage Legacy ID: 329419
Location: Weaverthorpe, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO17
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Weaverthorpe
Built-Up Area: Weaverthorpe
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Weaverthorpe St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: York
WEAVERTHORPE WEAVERTHORPE TO SHERBURN
SE 97 SE
10/78 Lychgate, attached
churchyard walls and
footgate to south, to
Church of St Andrew
Lychgate and churchyard walls. 1872. By G E Street for Sir Tatton Sykes.
Timber-framed lychgate on sandstone ashlar walls, with tiled roof.
Rusticated walls with sandstone ashlar coping. Wrought-iron work to
footgate. Lychgate: arch-braced king-post roof on stone walls approximately
1.2 metres high. Arcade of 6 round-arched lights beneath arch. Wall: rock-
faced, approximately 0.9 to 1.2 metres high, stepped to follow sloping
ground, with gabled coping. Footgate: square-section piers and gabled,
roll-moulded caps with incised crosses. Round-arched overthrow with lamp
bracket and cross finial. 4-panel gate, the top panels open and pointed.
Listing NGR: SE9659871076
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings