This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.571 / 51°34'15"N
Longitude: 0.7392 / 0°44'20"E
OS Eastings: 589922
OS Northings: 189348
OS Grid: TQ899893
Mapcode National: GBR YD9.V0
Mapcode Global: VHKHF.RSM1
Entry Name: Butlers Farmhouse
Listing Date: 27 July 1959
Last Amended: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322416
English Heritage Legacy ID: 123284
Location: Sutton, Rochford, Essex, SS4
Civil Parish: Sutton
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Rochford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
SUTTON OFF SHOPLAND ROAD
TQ 88 NE
11/311 Butlers Farmhouse
27.7.59 (formerly listed as
GV Butters Farmhouse
House. C18 of possibly earlier origin. Timber framed and weatherboarded. Red
plain tiled double range roof. Right and left chimney stacks to front range,
central rear chimney stack. 2 storeys, attics and cellar. 5 window range of
small paned vertically sliding sashes, moulded surrounds. 3 dormers, 2-light
casements with centre transoms. Central 6-panelled door, moulded surround, key
block, moulded open pediment on brackets. Step approach with side railings.
Interior features include, internal shutters to windows. Stop chamfered
bridging joists in kitchen, very large chimney stack with moulded surround,
mantel shelf and iron pot hook. Meat hooks to ceiling beams. Turned balusters
to stairs. Vertically boarded doors with original ironmongery. Very small cast
iron stove heater in attic. Moated site. Built over the moat is a C19 timber
framed and weatherboarded toilet with the original 3 seater bench in-situ.
Listing NGR: TQ8992289348
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings