This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7412 / 52°44'28"N
Longitude: -3.1337 / 3°8'1"W
OS Eastings: 323559
OS Northings: 316560
OS Grid: SJ235165
Mapcode National: GBR B0.0C5C
Mapcode Global: WH799.TCYB
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 29 December 1994
Last Amended: 29 December 1994
Source ID: 15428
Building Class: Domestic
Location: House, standing at a respectful distance to the W of the church, formerly the Rectory for the township.
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
c. 1850, and possibly by S Smirke, architect of London.
Tuck pointed red brick with yellow brick dressings and slate roofs. Main range with 2 reception rooms in cross wing at right,and rear wing with services on left. Asymmetrical elevation with stone-coped gable to cross wing, central gabled and buttressed porch, and small gable to upper floor window on left. Gothic door with 2 lights. Margin glazed casement windows, most with straight moulded stone labels. Pointed finials to gables. Lean-to on rear of service wing.
Interior has marble fireplaces to main rooms, and panelled window shutters.
A fashionable country rectory provided for the new chapelry; group value with the early Victorian church.
Other nearby listed buildings