This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1886 / 53°11'18"N
Longitude: -3.6974 / 3°41'50"W
OS Eastings: 286680
OS Northings: 367067
OS Grid: SH866670
Mapcode National: GBR 68.32BL
Mapcode Global: WH65S.53LW
Entry Name: Former Bailiff's Office and attached cartshed at Hafodunos Hall
Listing Date: 16 February 1996
Last Amended: 17 March 1999
Source ID: 16843
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Situated high above Hafodunos Hall to north, part of the Home Farm complex.
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Dated 1771 with initials 'LL H D'; at the top of the datestone is a stag, believed to be the crest of the Lloyds of Hafodunos. The right hand part has been added in C19. Hafodunos was bought by the Sandbach's in C19 and the Hall was built 1861-6 to the design of Sir George Gilbert Scott.
Single-storey rubble building with slate roof and overhanging eaves; octagonal chimney stack to left end and a further chimney may have been removed from the cross wall between the Bailiff's House and the cartshed. The Bailiff's Office to left has central boarded door flanked by tall timber windows, 12-pane sash to left and cross-frame to right. Immediately to left of the door is the round-headed stone date-plaque, inscribed as above. Bowing left hand gable end. Masonry break divides Bailiff's House from cartshed at right; this has three segmental arches with red brick dressings, the left hand arch has been infilled and the other two have lost their original gates.
Interior not accessible for inspection at time of resurvey.
Included for group value with Hafodunos Hall and Home Farm Buildings.
Other nearby listed buildings