This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6649 / 52°39'53"N
Longitude: -4.0838 / 4°5'1"W
OS Eastings: 259178
OS Northings: 309502
OS Grid: SH591095
Mapcode National: GBR 8R.555G
Mapcode Global: WH56Z.78LV
Entry Name: Ty Newydd
Listing Date: 7 June 2005
Last Amended: 7 June 2005
Source ID: 84489
Location: On the N side of street on the E side of the A493 and the N side of Godre'r Gaer estate, and to the W of Peniel Chapel.
Community: Llangelynin (Llangelynnin)
Built-Up Area: Llwyngwril
Traditional County: Merionethshire
Built in the mid C19 and first shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey.
A late Georgian style 2-storey 3-window house of rubble stone, slate roof and end stone stacks. Its central entrance has a replacement door. Windows are 16-pane hornless sashes. At the L end is a granary addition which has opposing flights of external stone steps to a boarded door. The rear has replacement and inserted windows.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a well-preserved mid C19 house retaining definite original character.
Other nearby listed buildings