This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.823 / 51°49'22"N
Longitude: -3.022 / 3°1'19"W
OS Eastings: 329660
OS Northings: 214316
OS Grid: SO296143
Mapcode National: GBR F5.W91X
Mapcode Global: VH796.KFRT
Entry Name: Trinity Almshouses
Listing Date: 1 November 1974
Last Amended: 10 November 2005
Source ID: 86789
Location: Next to the Church of the HolyTrinity in a close-knit group.
Community: Abergavenny (Y Fenni)
Built-Up Area: Abergavenny
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
Built in 1842 and designed by T H Wyatt. They were endowed in 1840 by Rachael Herbert for the benefit of single and widowed women. The almshouse appear to have been little altered since.
Rear elevation not inspected.
Interior not inspected at resurvey.
Included for its special interest as early Victorian almshouses of definite character designed by T H Wyatt which, together with the Vicarage and the Church, forms a coherently designed group.
Other nearby listed buildings