This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2849 / 52°17'5"N
Longitude: -0.9488 / 0°56'55"W
OS Eastings: 471804
OS Northings: 265712
OS Grid: SP718657
Mapcode National: GBR BVM.LYB
Mapcode Global: VHDRR.HTRS
Entry Name: Church of St Botolph
Listing Date: 2 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067098
English Heritage Legacy ID: 360108
Location: Church with Chapel Brampton, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN6
Civil Parish: Church with Chapel Brampton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Church Brampton with Chapel Brampton St Botolph
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SP7165 CHURCH BRAMPTON CHURCH BRAMPTON
21/119 Church of St. Botolph
Church. C14 with C19 additions. Squared coursed lias with ashlar dressings
and slate and lead roof. Aisled nave, chancel and west tower. Chancel C19
south elevation has two 2-light windows with reticulated tracery. Moulded stone
eaves gutter with gargoyle. Gabled roof with ashlar gable parapets, kneelers
and finial. East window, 3-light with reticulated tracery, north aisle similar
with gabled projection. South aisle C14, 3-window range of 3-light windows
with reticulated tracery, similar east and west windows. Lean-to roof with
ashlar parapets. Porch between windows 1 and 2 from right. West tower of 3
stages. 2-light window in first stage with quatrefoil tracery. 2-light window
to each face of third stage. Crenellated parapet with crocketted pinnacles at
corners. Interior: Nave has 4-bay double chamfered arcade with octagonal
piers. Double chamfered chancel arch and chamfered tower arch. Nave roof
reputed c.1802, chancel roof late C19. Stained glass in east window and north
aisle window by C. Parish from drawing by Professor Erckhart of Dresden. Other
north aisle window by John Poyntz, fragment of medieval glass in centre window
of north aisle. Tablet over south door dated 1675.
(Buildings of England : Northamptonshire, p.149).
Listing NGR: SP7180465712
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings