This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9468 / 50°56'48"N
Longitude: -2.5175 / 2°31'2"W
OS Eastings: 363741
OS Northings: 116499
OS Grid: ST637164
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NL0F
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.T71
Entry Name: South West Classrooms at Sherborne School
Listing Date: 4 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305034
English Heritage Legacy ID: 103827
Location: Sherborne, West Dorset, Dorset, DT9
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(South East Side)
South West Classrooms
at Sherborne School
ST 6316 1/277
1869 to 70. W H Slater and R H Carpenter, architects. This block extends
south wards along Abbey Road from First War Memorial extension to the Chapel.
2 storeys, 5 window bays, 3 more closely spaced. Stone slate roof. Stone
front. Moulded eaves cornice. String courses. Lower string-courses on
east side set higher, marking a place for which an extension originally
planned. Upper windows with gables over. 3-lights, 2-tiers ground floor
on west side from left to right hand has 4-light windows, doorway with
pointed head and square dripmould, and at south end 2 three-light windows
with four-light window in centre. To first floor in south gable end, 2-tier
The following buildings of Sherborne School surround the greens immediately
to the north of the Abbey Church of St Mary and form a group with themselves
and with the Abbey Church of St Mary.
Listing NGR: ST6374216499
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings