History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Weasenham All Saints, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7604 / 52°45'37"N

Longitude: 0.7415 / 0°44'29"E

OS Eastings: 585080

OS Northings: 321612

OS Grid: TF850216

Mapcode National: GBR R7Z.VPJ

Mapcode Global: WHKQB.CW95

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 30 May 1960

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1306499

English Heritage Legacy ID: 220450

Location: Weasenham All Saints, Breckland, Norfolk, PE32

County: Norfolk

District: Breckland

Parish: Weasenham All Saints

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Weasenham St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Listing Text

TF 82 SE WEASENHAM ALL SAINTS CHURCH LANE

2/49 Church of All Saints
30.5.60
- II*


Parish church. Mainly 1905/6 with medieval north aisle, north arcade and
south porch. Flint and ashlar with plaintiled roofs. Aisled nave of 5
bays and chancel with vestry to north. 7 3-light traceried windows in Per-
pendicular style re-using some original tracery to south; original yet
restored to north. C14 south door with pair of colonnettes with bell
capitals. Fine C15 ashlar porch with diagonal buttresses and a moulded
archway forming spandrels with blind tracery. Flanked by niches with nodding
ogee heads. Plinth with blind arcade. Parapet and pinnacles modern. C14
or C15 north arcade with 2 orders of plain chamfered arches on octagonal
piers with moulded capitals. Easternmost respond semicircular. Original
chancel arch in similar style. South arcade of 1905/6 in Decorated style.
Remains of blocked north clearstorey openings. Screen incorporating 8
original painted dado panels. Restored Jacobean pulpit with arcade and
carved lunettes.


Listing NGR: TF8508021612

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.