Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7134 / 52°42'48"N
Longitude: -1.6308 / 1°37'50"W
OS Eastings: 425036
OS Northings: 312921
OS Grid: SK250129
Mapcode National: GBR 5FV.VXY
Mapcode Global: WHCGR.X2L5
Entry Name: Village Hall
Location: Lullington, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE12
District: South Derbyshire
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Listing Date: 12 December 1986
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 82956
Source ID: 1334596
SK 21 SE PARISH OF LULLINGTON MAIN STREET
5/24 (East Side)
School, now village hall. 1843, built by Charles Colville with
minor later alterations. Ashlar with stone dressings, moulded
sill band and chamfered plinth. Steeply pitched fishscale tile
roof with a line of stone corbels at eaves level and moulded
stone kneelers to either end. Advanced centre bay has moulded
stone copings on moulded kneelers, plus a ridge finial to the
gable and behind this is a gabled bellcote with ridge finial,
semi-circular headed bell opening and continuous hoodmould, on a
square base. Single storey and three bays plus porch to north.
Central bay has a 4-light recessed and ovolo moulded mullion
window with a carved achievement of Colville family and the
initials 'CHC' above, all below a stepped dripmould. Above
again in the gable is a small blind lancet. To either side
there are similar 3-light windows. South gable wall has similar
3-light mullion and transomed window with datestone above
inscribed 'AD 1843', all below a stepped hoodmould with scrolled
stops. Above this there is a small segment headed single light
window. North gable wall has a scrolled iron lamp bracket to
western corner and central gabled porch with a four-centred
arched doorcase, 4-light ovolo moulded mullion windows to each
side and inset diamond niche with raised shield above the door.
Interior has simple arched braced roof trusses.
Listing NGR: SK2503612921
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings