Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0943 / 54°5'39"N
Longitude: -0.2018 / 0°12'6"W
OS Eastings: 517701
OS Northings: 467986
OS Grid: TA177679
Mapcode National: GBR WP13.31
Mapcode Global: WHHF6.WC32
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary
Location: Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO16
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Listing Date: 7 September 1951
Source: Historic England
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166161
Source ID: 1346530
TA 1767NE BRIDLINGTON KIRKGATE
07-SEP-1951 Parish Church of
Founded circa 1113 by William de Gant for the canons of the Order of St Augustine. Only the nave and portions of the towers remain of the stone Priory Church. Chiefly C14 and C15. Restored by Gilbert Scott and towers completed 1846-1879.
The Parish Church of St Mary forms a group with Nos 20 to 22 (consec) Church Green, Nos 15 to 18 (consec) Church Green; The Bayle Gate, Baylegate; Nos 11 to 16 (consec) Baylegate; Nos 4 to 8 (consec) Kirgate and Nos 15 to 20 (consec), Kirgate Nos 11 to 16 (consec) Baylegate are of local interest.
Listing NGR: TA1769967986
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings