Church of St Mary, Much Cowarne
Description: Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 9 June 1967
English Heritage Building ID: 151259
OS Grid Reference: SO6186347133
OS Grid Coordinates: 361863, 247133
Latitude/Longitude: 52.1212, -2.5584
Location: Much Cowarne, County of Herefordshire HR7 4JQ
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
There is also a scheduled monument, Churchyard Cross in St Mary the Virgin's Churchyard, at the same location as this building or very close to it. This may be related in some way or possibly a different name for the same structure.
SO 64 NW MUCH COWARNE MUCH COWARNE
815/17/269 Church of St Mary
From early C13. Consisting of nave, chancel, west tower, south aisle, south porch and north vestry. The west tower is from Norman to Early English. C13 nave with south arcade, north arcade blocked and north aisle demolished. South aisle probably C14. Late C13 chancel with late C14 east window. Late C13 north vestry. Monuments C13 stone effigy of a knight. Two good early C17 monuments. Restored 1873. (Sources: RCHME: vol II: 58: plates 120-122)
Listing NGR: SO6186747135
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.