Church of St John (Methodist), Canterbury
Description: Church of St John (Methodist)
Date Listed: 20 May 1977
English Heritage Building ID: 170781
OS Grid Reference: TR1072766305
OS Grid Coordinates: 610727, 166305
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3567, 1.0252
Location: Argyle Road, Canterbury, Kent CT5 1JS
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
CHURCH OF ST JOHN
TR l066 SE 2/64
Dated 1868. Former Wesley Chapel. Brick built in the classic style of red brick
up to stone string course, plinth, and rendered and pebbledashed 1st floor with
yellow brick quoins ground floor and plastered nine on 1st floor. Early moulded
cornice, and pediment with panel bearing plaque "Wesley Chapel 1868". 3 windows
1st floor with double semi-circular arches and glazing bars complete and central
doorway with similar arch over, glazed fanlight and pair of doors each having 2
panels bolection moulds with pair of similar panels over. 2 windows as above.
Iron railings and flight of steps. Similar large windows in side walls. Roof-slate.
Remainder of building yellow brick. All glazing bars complete.
Listing NGR: TR1072466297
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.