Description: The Old Rectory
Date Listed: 21 February 1984
English Heritage Building ID: 186688
OS Grid Reference: SK8853516403
OS Grid Coordinates: 488535, 316403
Latitude/Longitude: 52.7380, -0.6901
SK 81 NE TEIGH ROAD (North Side)
2/118 The Old Rectory
House, formerly Rectory, of 1858. By Sidney Smirke, R.A. Coursed squared
stone with stone dressings, plinth, and band, and double span hipped
Welsh slate roof with wide wooden eaves and 5 moulded stone ridge and
other stacks. 2½ storeys of sash windows (mainly 2/2) with moulded stone
frames. Cambered lintels. Entrance front to right side of 3 windows
with central square flat-topped porch. 2 stone steps up to rounded arch
with deep hollow moulded chamfer. Console keystone. Further small 1-light
windows and 2-light dormer. Front to road of 3 2/2 sashes; the central
ground floor has 3 stone steps and 2 leaved low dado door below window.
C20 skylight in roof. Left side of 4 sashes and canted bay ground floor
right. Inside, stone floor to hall, and contemporary staircase with
moulded cast iron balusters and oak rail.
Listing NGR: SK8853516403
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.